Why Should We Sod Lawns?
Eight Reasons Why In Southern MD We Should Sod Our Lawns & Landscapes:
1. Installing sod is less work since you are installing a mature lawn immediately instead of growing one over years of time.
2. Sod can be installed almost anywhere to stop soil erosion and water pollution on steep grades where rain would wash away seed and soil or where seeding is impracticable or too costly.
3. Sod is available in a variety of grass blends including Kentucky Bluegrass and Turf Type Tall Fescue that Greensward Turf Farm supplies to suit various needs such as climate, amount of usage, sun and shade conditions.
4. Sod can withstand heavy usage. Within a couple of weeks, it is ready for lawn games, family outdoor living, parks, golf courses, athletic fields, as well as residential homes and business parks.
5. A turfgrass sod lawn can be installed year round.
6. Sod is a great investment in your home or business, increasing curb appeal and value.
7. Sod is a Green environmentally friendly product which reflects the sun's heat, absorbs noises, carbon dioxide & other harmful pollutants and releases valuable oxygen & moisture into the air we breathe.
8. Sod lawns meet the needs of our “we need it yesterday” mentality as it is able to be installed in hours, at a shockingly low cost.